Last year I had done some searching for recipes that both used pumpkin and white chocolate.
Do you think I could find it when I actually wanted to make it? Of course not.
As I was browsing just plain blondie recipes, I came across Smitten Kitchen.
Looked like something that I could modify! And I did.
These were so tasty and not too sweet. My recipe is below, and I will link her original for you all to look at.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
• 8 tablespoons (1 stick, 4 ounces or 113 grams) butter, melted
• 1 cup (218 grams or 7 3/4 ounces for light; 238 grams or 8 3/8 ounces for dark) brown
• 4 oz White Chocolate
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
• Pinch salt
• 1 cup (4 3/8 ounces or 125 grams) all-purpose flour
• ½ cup pumpkin
1. Butter an 8×8 pan
2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar and white chocolate – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
3. Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in pumpkin.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 30 minutes, or until set in the middle. I always err on the side of caution with baking times – has a gooey middle!